Selling or buying a home? What questions do you ask a realtor to find the best fit for you?
When you’re looking for a real estate agent to help you buy or sell a property, it’s important to do your due diligence and interview a few candidates before making a decision. A good agent can make the process much smoother and more successful, while a bad one can add unnecessary stress and complications. To help you get the most out of your interviews, here are some key questions to ask a realtor during the interview process.
- How long have you been working as a real estate agent? Experience is an important factor to consider when choosing a realtor, as an experienced agent will likely have a better understanding of the market and be better equipped to navigate any challenges that may arise.
- How many transactions have you closed in the past year? This question will give you an idea of how active the agent is in the market. Generally, you want to choose an agent who has closed a substantial number of transactions, as this likely means that they are well-established and experienced.
- Can you provide references from past clients? Speaking with past clients can give you a better understanding of the agent’s track record and level of service. You can ask about the agent’s communication skills, attention to detail, and overall level of service during their buying or selling process.
- How do you market the properties you list? An agent who has a solid marketing plan in place will be better equipped to get your property in front of the right audience and help you get the best price possible.
- What is your communication style? Good communication is key when working with a real estate agent, so it’s important to know how the agent prefers to communicate and whether it aligns with your preferred communication style.
- Are you familiar with the area where I’m buying/selling? It’s important to choose an agent who is familiar with the area where you’re buying or selling, as they will have a better understanding of the local market conditions and be able to give you more accurate advice.
- What sets you apart from other agents in the area? This question will give you an idea of what the agent considers to be their unique selling points, and will help you evaluate whether they’re the right fit for your needs.
- Are you a full-time agent or part-time agent? A full-time agent will typically be more available to their clients and have more experience than a part-time agent.
By asking these questions during the interview process, you’ll be better equipped to evaluate the qualifications and experience of different realtors and choose the one that’s the best fit for your needs. Remember that it’s important to interview at least a few different candidates and to trust your gut when making a decision.
Keep in mind that a good realtor should be willing to answer all these questions and should be transparent about their qualifications and experience. You should also feel comfortable with the agent you choose and be able to communicate openly with them throughout the process.
To set up an interview with the Pomerleau Team go to www.pomerleauteam.com or give us a call 763-463-7573